MJB Lawyers is one of the largest law firms outside the lower mainland. Located in Kamloops, the people at MJB Lawyers are committed to supporting their clients in many areas of practice. With the upcoming retirement of their firm’s Administrator, they are seeking a progressive business minded individual to lead the way with respect to their administrative and people operations.
The firm Administrator (office manager) plays a key leadership role within the firm. Day to day activities include operations management, supervision of various team members, evaluating and managing the firm’s processes and information systems, providing input for marketing of the firm’s legal services, and overseeing client development activities within the office.
With a focus on maintaining and growing the current thriving culture where people can reach their full potential in an engaged, supportive environment, the firm Administrator is well versed in human resources and leadership practices. Leading and motivating others to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing team is a priority in this role.
As a progressive business leader, the successful candidate is an exceptional communicator, and will work closely with the Management Committee and Partnership to develop high quality business strategies, ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Providing confidential administrative support to the Management Team and Partners;
- Providing leadership for the general operations of the firm including culture, training, performance, and structure;
- Providing leadership for the human resources function within the office; utilizing progressive people practices and implementing new systems where required;
- Determining practice area staffing needs and developing/executing an effective recruitment strategy in collaboration with firm’s management team;
- Overseeing the group benefits administration, performance management processes, vacation and other leave entitlements, training and career development plans, and succession planning;
- Establishing annual budget;
- Promoting and demonstrating the firm’s vision and values within the workplace and in the community by having a positive and professional relationship with staff, lawyers, clients, service providers, and community members;
- Managing the IT and marketing functions of the office, providing direction to external service providers; and
- Managing the premises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related legal industry program;
- Previous Human Resources and/or Leadership training as well as proven results in a best practice environment;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar business leadership role;
- Exceptional communication skills, exemplifying a collaborative and cooperative culture;
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage a significant workload, and to prioritize multiple deadlines;
- Strong technology skills;
- Experience with Law Society rules and regulations and/or law firm experience is preferred but not required.
A competitive total compensation package is offered for this exciting management role. If you are a motivated leader interested in being considered for this unique opportunity, please send a current resume and cover letter outlining an overview of how you will leverage your previous expertise to ensure success in this role.
Please send applications to email@example.com.