Conveyancing Legal AssistantKamloops
MJB is one of the largest and most diverse law firms in the interior of BC. Our team of successful lawyers provide a full range of legal services in a variety of legal areas. We believe that a supportive and friendly environment helps everyone succeed. At MJB, we strive for excellence, both in service to our clients and as an employer. As a result, many of our people have been with us for more than 10 years.
We are looking for an experienced Conveyancing Legal Assistant, who has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and can also work in a team. The duties would include:
- Conduct title searches;
- Prepare and submit land title documents to the Land Title Registry;
- Prepare mortgage documents;
- Prepare discharges;
- Review contracts from Realtors;
- Document editing, file maintenance and management, time entry and billing;
- Performing a variety of searches, including Personal Property Registry, LTSA and taxes;
- Managing calendars;
- Liaise with other Legal Assistants, Paralegals, Lawyers and clients regarding file progress;
- Provide overflow assistance to Legal Assistants, Paralegals and Lawyers; and
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Office proficiency;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Effective time management skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Great work ethic.
Experience and Qualifications
- 1 to 2 years experience in a legal environment
- Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.